communication, date, dating, dating app, Dating Apps, dating online, dating tips, facebook, first date, hinge, instagram, live free video chat, new app, okcupid, online dating, socialcam, tinder, video online chat, vine
Relationships are fantastic if you find the right person to share the experience with. There are so many different things to consider when it comes to settling down long-term, finally committing, and taking yourself off the market. Here are some of the signs I found most significant for me:
1. You have been single for a significant amount of time: If you have been single for a long period of time this is actually very good, you have actually done what most people cannot do be alone. You are now comfortable with who you are, you have your own interests, likes and dislikes. You are not hiding behind a partners’ shadow and you have your own life. This will help you with a future partner. Not only is your independence attractive, but it shows you are settling down for the right reasons and not to just to have someone around just because.
Fact:75 percent of folks who settled down feel that they just settled, according to a new study by Siemens Festival Nights .
2. Tired of being the third wheel: When your friends are all married, engaged, living with partners and you’re always the third wheel, it will definitely start crossing your mind that it would be really nice to have someone on your arm. When your friends stop giving you a plus one to their events because they never see you with anyone and want to save money, you know that even they have given up on your search for love.
3. You are alone on the Holidays: Have you ever been at the mall during Christmas and everyone seems to be running around for that special gift. You are actually jealous of their craziness because, you know you won’t be snuggling up by the fireplace drinking hot cocoa under the mistletoe with your beloved. You’re ready to sit on Santa’s lap and wish for a boyfriend. Imagine six years alone on every holiday. I imagine my first holiday with someone will be better then any gift that would be store bought.
4. The night life and random dates start to bore you: On dates, you can only get dressed up so many times, drink so many fancy martinis and explain your life story over and over again to someone who is most likely completely a waste of time or wrong for you. If you are out on the prowl and know what the DJ is going to play next and what the drink specials are at your favorite hot spot, you are definitely spending too much time being single. I know I personally enjoy cooking dinner, watching movies, laughing and snuggling over any night out.
5. You don’t have an emergency contact: This might sound silly but after my mom passed away and I lost both parents I had to take my mom off my records as the emergency contact. And as everyone knows there is a spot for spouse husband/wife and mine has always been blank. So as I was sitting there with my injured hip alone in the hospital bed after surgery I realized I wanted to fill that spot in. I don’t want to be here alone. I want someone to go get me a vending machine drink and snack and tell me it’s all OK and they love me. I’m a big baby.
6. You know you won’t mess up things if you found the right person this time around: We all look back at mistakes we made and our past failed relationships. When you are mentally ready for a real relationship you might be thinking and saying things , Like if I ever find a person that is worth it I will not just give up on them. I won’t run away when times get tough and I won’t ever think the grass is greener. They will be my second chance, my everything and I will always put them first and make it work.
Hope this helps a little. Please add some of your thoughts and remember we all make mistakes. We all have struggles and regrets from things that have happened in our past. We are not our mistakes, struggles or regrets. We are here now today and alive. So use those experiences to shape tomorrow and your future relationships. Life has been preparing you for all the right things that are yet to come good luck out there!
Tiny URL for this post: